News

Visa, Vivo sign cashless transaction deal

Friday 30 November 2018 10:29 CET | News

Vivo Energy network of Shell branded service stations has looped in Visa acceptance points in selected sites to grow digital commerce in Africa.

The agreement is aimed at encouraging the development of a digital payments ecosystem for both individuals and businesses, who will see the new service adopted across 15 African countries, where the two companies operate.

According to The Star, almost 80% of most retail transactions are in cash, while the other 20% percent is mobile money and card transactions in the region.

Earlier in November 2018, Visa has teamed up with banks in Ghana to launch Visa-on-mobile, a mobile payment service, in the country.


Free Headlines in your E-mail

Every day we send out a free e-mail with the most important headlines of the last 24 hours.

Subscribe now

Keywords: Visa, Vivo, cashless transaction, digital commerce, digital payments, Africa
Categories:
Countries: World