In the first half of 2012, around 15 million Facebook users have carried our virtual goods purchases worth USD 1.26 billion, online media outlet forbes.com reports quoting a recent SEC Form 10-Q document filed by Facebook with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
According to the same estimates, the 15 million users who have chosen to spend money on the Facebook social gaming platform represent approximately 1.6 percent of the total 995 million Facebook users worldwide.
Facebook’s revenue from payments and other fees associated with virtual goods purchases is estimated to be around USD 378 million for the interval January – June 2012. According to the same source, in the six-month interval under review, the average gamer spent around USD 14 monthly on Facing. This adds up to USD 84 on average for the entire six-month interval. The social networking giant charges developers 30 percent for purchases carried out by users via its payments infrastructure, with the remaining 70% going out to the developers themselves.
Facebook is currently restructuring its Payments offering, looking to phase out Facebook credits and add features which allow virtual items to be priced by developers in local currencies.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.1).