1WorldSync, a multi-enterprise product information network, surveyed 400 merchants and suppliers from Europe and the US with more than USD 500 million in annual revenue.
Data highlights include:
• 45% of merchants and suppliers have lost more than USD 1 million in revenue due to cross-channel commerce challenges, and more than one in ten (13%) have lost more than USD 3 million.
• Half of merchants and suppliers do not use a third-party content provider, which hinders their ability to syndicate product content across channels and platforms.
• 51% of merchants cannot support mobile commerce, and 80% don't integrate product information management across web, mobile, applications, and physical stores.
For companies looking to upgrade their ecommerce capabilities, top action items include:
• Invest in cross-channel capabilities: 65% of market leaders have dedicated more than 30% of their commerce budget to digital and mobile commerce expansion in 2016. Today, 73% of merchant market leaders can fully execute mobile commerce, nearly 20% more than market laggards. Investments here help in the short and long term.
• Engage with a third-party content provider: 80% of market leaders use a third-party content provider, which is one reason this group reports greater visibility between trading partners.
• Migrate to the cloud: 95% of supplier market leaders use a cloud-based product information system, which simplifies the online sales process and enhances supply chain efficiency.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).